Parenting your athlete can be one of the most enjoyable experiences you as a parent can have. It can also be incredibly stressful and trying, causing many sleepless nights as your athlete navigates their way through the highs and lows that come with participation in a team or individual sport.
Here are a few key pointers for parents that can help their athlete perform at a higher level, find more enjoyment participating in sports, and help parents enjoy the remarkable journey of parenting their athlete.
- Understand how their child/athlete responds to stress and pressure
- Understand how stress and pressure changes the way they parent their child/athlete
- Understand how they can become an important and positive contributor to the athlete/coach/parent system
- Understand how perfectionism impacts performance, quality of life, health, and self- esteem, and how to counter the perfectionistic personality
- Understand how your child/athlete’s unique personality is so critical to performance
- Understand ”Tank Filling’ versus “Tank Draining” parenting styles
- Understand the “Business and Personal“ sides of your relationship with your child/athlete
- Understand how to manage their stress response by following this simple formula Event + Response = Outcome
- Understand Introverted and Extroverted personality styles and effective ways to parent both styles
- Understanding of how thoughts and emotions impact performance
- Understand the importance of time management, sleep, diet… and how they impact performance.
To have Robert Andrews talk to your parent group, Booster Club, or organization about parenting athletes contact Robert at 713 522 2200 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I actually got into this post. I located it to be fascinating and loaded with exclusive points of interest. I like to read material that makes me believe. Thank you for writing this fantastic content. bcggfdeakkfcakda
Robert Andrews says
Thanks for the great feedback. I have a lot of passion about helping parents understand how to be a very important part of the athletes system.
Itzia Oseguera says
Hello! My daughter is 10 years old, high performance gymnast, and I am really interested in your couching job with athletes, building confidence, will power, stress control and answer at pressure situations.
We live in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
Could you tell me, How could we reach your help??
Thank you very much in advance, I really appreciate your comment s!
Robert Andrews says
Hello. It is so great to hear from you. We can work internationally with Skype or FaceTime.
Please contact me on my email email@example.com so we can discuss the specifics.
I look forward to talking with you soon. Robert Andrews