All athletes face periods of transitions in their lives and in their respective sports. Moving from junior high to high school, high school to college, and college to professional sports can be difficult times for many athletes. Trying to make a higher level team, return to play after suffering a serious injury, or learning how to work with a new coaching staff or coaching style are other hurdles athletes might face during their careers.
Athletes Facing Retirement
For many retirement from sports is devastating. Many struggle because they don’t have the self-awareness, life tools, social skills, and emotional intelligence to navigate their way through these rough waters. Gaining emotional intelligence, life skills, insight, awareness, and understanding their strengths can eliminate the suffering and despair that so many athletes face upon retirement from a sport that has been their identity for years.
The CORE Multidimensional Awareness Profile CORE Map is a powerful self awareness process that helps athletes gain critical insight, develop life skills, emotional intelligence, and live passionately and authentically.
The CORE Map process is an online personality profile that reveals critical information to those who strive to reach peak levels in athletic performance, team functioning, and improve coaching skills.
CORE provides awareness and insight that impacts every area of the athletes or coaches lives.
Participants take the online profile and participate in an in depth review of the profiles findings. A suggested ongoing integration period helps process and integrate this information over time. Ongoing and increasing self-awareness and insight help create profound growth and self-actualization.
Six months after taking the initial CORE report a Progress Report is taken that gives an indication of present status compared to initial findings taken six months earlier. For many the Progress Report is an exhilarating experience. For others it shows where there is still work to be done.
Life Changing Results
Athletes who choose to participate in this process can expect to gain insight and awareness in the following areas:
- Understanding of how participants think they are showing up in life and their respective sport.
- Awareness of how they are really showing up in life and their respective sport.
- How stress and pressure change their approach to life an competition in many areas.
- How participants utilize vital mental and emotional resources.
- Determine if they are using these resources in efficient ways.
- Understanding of how stress, pressure, and conditioning change their personality temperament and coping strategies.
- Understand and learning how to let go of old conditioning and step into an authentic way of being and relating in the world.
- How to pursue passion and excellence in their lives and in their sport.
- Find a creative channel for this passion in their present lives and sport.
Winners Into Champions
The CORE Process has helped Olympic and professional athletes, NFL All pro’s, MLB All Stars, World Champions, NCAA All Americans, National Champions, college and high school athletes, All State athletes, and coaches at all levels of competition.
Athletes who have benefited from this process are:
- Athletes involved in the recruiting process.
- Athletes getting ready for college.
- Athletes trying to transition from home life to college life.
- Athletes leaving college sports and heading for the professional ranks.
- Athletes coming back from serious sports related injuries.
- Athletes retiring from sports and attempting to transition to a “main stream” life.
- Coaches who want to achieve a higher level of success, increase their skills as a coach, and learn how to face stress and pressure and maintain their mental and emotional strength as a coach.
Maximize Your Potential
Athletes who have taken the profile and worked to integrate and apply what they discover about themselves perform better, manage life better, achieve higher goals, learn how to manage stress and pressure better, communicate better, have better interpersonal boundaries. They show up more authentically.
For more information contact Robert B. Andrews at:
or visit to learn more about CORE MAP
Leave a Reply